Author: Simarpreet Saluja of Bharti Vidyapeeth, New Law college
E-education is of the significant parts of education throughout the globe and slowly is becoming the major division of E-learning in India. There is no particular definition as to the E-education and most of the times only generic definitions are available. E-education is also termed as E-learning or web-learning or E-school. Electronic education has also found statutory recognition under the Information Technology statutes adopted in many legal systems throughout the globe. And India is nowhere far away exception to it, therefore, this paper is an attempt to pen down an outlook of E-education along with issues and challenges as to the jurisdiction, execution and solution.
E-education plays a vital role in E-education. It is a significant tool for all the students, schools, colleges, all the authorities and the related ones. E-education are intended to aid all the students and the teachers as well the authorities in formulating the study materials with different innovative ideas and making it available to the individuals within the E-learning.it includes syllabus of various subjects the content which can be explained through PPTs, audio recording, YouTube videos which the students can refer to and supply of many digital services to both the teachers as well the students.
An E-education is a designed model specified executed by a software system. Computer programs, different software and PPTs are used to make the materials available to the students. E-education allows you to take the courses online using online devices which is computer, tablet and even a smart phone. With E-education users can take courses available all around the world, 24 hrs. a day, 7 days a week. E-learning is proven an effective way of educating student for tracking their participation in assessment of all at the small cost of fraction. Using E-learning in your business can remove travel cost for student as well as the accommodation training material and teachers’ salary costs. E-education is an easy way to maintain and update the study materials making available at larger platforms. With the power of E-learning you will have your own resources with engaging learning to the use of audio, video, interactive games or simulation. E-learning media provides a special platform for the overall growth and development. It is a system based on formalized teaching but with the help of electronic resources.
- Whether Indian education system are comparatively insufficient to conduct E-learning within and outside the border?
- Whether the students and teachers can make proper personal contact with each other?
- Whether the teachers can pay attention for the clarification of the doubts of the students?
- Whether the student got the opportunity to get the particular content to get repeated when it is no understandable at once?
- Whether E-learning is convenient for both teachers and students?
- Whether the technical issue hampers the learning system?
- Whether all the students are avail of all the benefits such as internet access and electronic resources?
India being technology advanced E-learning has not reached the desirable number of students. The main objective of this system is to reach across the globe but this system is facing so many related challenges which is hampering its growth. The impression of E-learning suffers due to illiteracy, maximum people from rural areas and lack of their awareness regarding the same. The biggest obstacle in the efficient and effective utilization of E-education is that authorities and the administration heads are not working for the availability of internet access in the rural areas properly. These authorities should work on this so that even if people are not knowing about such things, say, how to use it, when they will start using it, they can learn from themselves.
The canonical challenge of E-learning is that there is illiteracy amongst the citizens. They do not know how to operate the computers or other electronic devices, like the people of rural areas.
Another challenge is that even if some students are having internet access and knowledge about operating electronic devices, they are not aware of so many platforms. And the ones who are constantly availing the benefits of E-education are facing different kinds of challenges such as: they are not able to clarify their doubts properly, they cannot ask frequently for the repetition of a particular topic which they haven’t understand. They do not feel sense of belongingness with the teachers as they cannot form an informal kind of relation which one can make when he is going to the colleges and schools and meeting the teachers personally, unlike virtual classes. This can also result into less attachments with the institutions.
E-learning is a modern structure of learning which requires gadgets and the other resources such as internet access for its functioning. E- learning may have many advantages and disadvantages.
Some of its advantages are:
- You are able to link the various resources in several varying formats.
- It is a very efficient way of delivering courses online.
- Due to its convenience and flexibility, the resources are available from anywhere and at any time.
- Everyone, who are part time students or are working full time, can take advantage of web-based learning.
- Web-based learning promotes active and independent learning.
- As you have access to the net 24×7, you can train yourself anytime and from anywhere also.
- It is a very convenient and flexible option; above all, you don’t have to depend on anyone for anything.
- Not only can you train yourself on a day to day basis, but also on weekends or whenever you have the free time to. There is no hard and fast rule.
- Through discussion boards and chats, you are able to interact with everyone online and also clear your doubts if any.
- The video instructions that are provided for audio and video learning can be rewound and seen and heard again and again if you do not happen to understand the topic first time around.
Disadvantages Of eLearning
Well, there are not many disadvantages of eLearning, the main one being that you get knowledge only on a theoretical basis and when it comes to putting to use whatever you have learnt, it may be a little different. The face-to-face learning experience is missing, which may matter to some of you.
- Most of the online assessments are limited to questions that are only objective in nature.
- There is also the problem of the extent of security of online learning programs.
- The authenticity of a particular student’s work is also a problem as online just about anyone can do a project rather than the actual student itself.
- The assessments that are computer marked generally have a tendency of being only knowledge-based and not necessarily practicality-based.
- Online student feedback is limited.
- It can cause social isolation.
- It requires strong motivation and time management skills.
- It leads to lack of communicational skill development among online student.
- Cheating prevention during online assessment is complicated.
- Online instructors tend to focus on theory rather than practice.
- E- education is limited to certain disciplines.
- E-education lacks face to face communication.
- Online learning is inaccessible to the illiterate population.
- Lack of accreditation & quality assurance is online education.
An E-learning environment is becoming essential for schools around the world attempting to meet the learning culture and shared vision is vital to an organization’s successful implementation of E-learning. With the support of teachers, staff, students, parents, administration and the community an E-learning culture will be developed and nurtured.
The goal of delivering a high-quality education every child, say, in Africa remains unfulfilled, but technology presents an opportunity for this to be a reality. E-learning has overwhelming potential to improve education system in underdeveloped countries and if implemented well with strategies that focus on overcoming these key challenges, radical transformation of the education system is possible.
With so many different ways to define E-learning and the educational approaches that can be takes in these learning environments, it is the conclusion that E-learning is an innovative approach to learning. It is holistic way of teaching and learning that meets the needs of today’s digital natives.it is an environment made up of collaboration, choice and an array of technological resources that supports a successful online learning experience.