Desi Kaanoon is organizing ‘Fundraising Quiz Competition’ in Collaboration with Law & Society Committee, NLSIU Bangalore for ASSAM FLOOD VICTIMS [Register by August 14]
About Desi Kaanoon
Desi Kaanoon is a social-media start-up by law students, for law students. With a current following of more than fifty thousand including all social media handles, the meme and legal portal has been a proud partner for law schools and colleges promoting seminars, moot courts, MUNs, essay competitions, quiz competitions, conferences, call for papers and many more events. Besides, we have mentored more than ten thousand law aspirants to get through eminent law schools across the country. We have also organized seminars, quiz and article-writing competitions. Our goodwill has connected us with many luminaries from the legal arena.
About Law & Society Committee, NLSIU Bangalore
The Law and Society Committee, popularly known as LawSoc, is one of the only Activity Based Committees in Law School whose sphere of work is not centered on a single event or fest. LawSoc facilitates engagement with issues ranging from Gender and Sexuality, Adivasis, Naxalism, Agrarian Distress, Environmental Crisis, Mental Health, Disability and the Media, to name a few. In a nutshell, LawSoc exists in order to generate dialogue and discussion within and beyond the Law School community.
LawSoc has engaged in movie screenings and has hosted a number of lectures by legal luminaries, eminent documentary makers, exhibitions and credit courses by world renowned journalists like P. Sainath and Priyanka Bhorpujari. LawSoc has also played an instrumental role in the formation of Law School’s RTI Cell, the Slum Project, Mental Health Working Group, Environment Working Group and the Public Policy Research Cell.
About the Fundraising Quiz Competition
The sole objective of this Quiz Competition is to generate fund with the purpose of donating it to the Chief Minister Relief Fund, Assam to help the Assam Flood Victims.
We are accepting participation from all student, academician and professionals.
- Mode of the Quiz: ‘Online’
- Medium of the Quiz: ‘English’
- The Quiz will be conducted via ‘Google’ form.
- The Quiz will comprise a Single round only.
- The Quiz will include multiple choice questions based on Legal Knowledge and Current Affairs.
- This competition is not team based; therefore, the participants have to participate individually.
- The Registration amount of the Quiz is Rs. 51/- per participant.
- Last date to register for this ‘Fundraising Quiz’ competition is 14 August, 2020.
Registration amount for the Fundraising Quiz is Rs. 51/- per participant.
Participants are required to pay the ‘Registration Amount’ through PayTM/Google Pay/PhonePe at 8299338062.
- The Quiz will take place on 15 August 2020 at 7 PM in the evening.
- The Quiz will comprise a Single round only.
- All participants for the competition are required to join the ‘WhatsApp’ group via link at the end of the registration form. The link for the round and other details will be uploaded there only.
- The Fundraising Quiz will be based on Legal Knowledge and Current Affairs.
- Participants are advised to check their mailboxes and the group for regular updates with regard to the competition.
- Participants shall ensure decent internet connectivity and are advised to be online atleast 30 minutes before the quiz begins.
- The Quiz will comprise of a total of 50 questions to be attempted in 20 minutes and in one go. Every question will carry 01 mark and there will be no negative marking.
- The Answer Key of the Fundraising Quiz will be out by 16 August 2020.
- Note1: In case of a tie in scores in the round, the participant who has submitted the form early will be given preference.
- The results of the Fundraising Quiz will be out by 17 August 2020.
- The decision of the Organizers shall be final and binding in relation to any matter connected with the competition. Furthermore, the dates provided are subject to change at the discretion of the organizers.
Allocation of the generated fund
The Fund raised through this competition will be donated at its earliest, in toto to the ‘Chief Minister Relief Fund, Assam’ for the Assam Flood Victims.
- 1st Prize: E-certificate of Merit
- 2nd Prize: E-certificate of Merit
- 3rd Prize: E-certificate of Merit
- E-certificate of Appreciation for subsequent Top 12 performers.
- E-certificate of Participation to all the other participants (excluding the above).
E-certificate of Participation will be provided to the participants by 10 September 2020.
Note2: The Participants are required to fill the above google form and attach the payment receipt of registration in the form.
Note3: The link to the ‘WhatsApp’ group will be provided at the time of submitting the registration form. Please join the group to get all the details with regards to the quiz.
In case of any questions related to problem or clarification regarding the competition feel free to write to us at [email protected] in case of queries.
We can also be reached out at:
Anadi Tewari (+91 8299338062)
In Collaboration With: LAW & SOCIETY COMMITTEE, NLSIU BANGALORE