Essay Writing Competition by The Law and Technology Society, NLSIU, Bengaluru: Register by Sep 15
The Law and Technology Society of NLSIU, Bengaluru is a group committed to exploring the boundless contours of the intriguing interface between law and technology. The main objective of Society is to develop up-to-date learning opportunities in this field by organizing a series of fantastic events.
The Dialogue is a research-driven think-tank working on the intersection of technology, society, and public policy. By facilitating informed policy debates at various levels, it aims to drive a progressive narrative in India’s policy discourse.
About the competition
The evolving dynamics of the internet and the impact of technology on society makes it crucial to revisit the traditional competition law frameworks and engage in a more targeted evidence-based policymaking that is both consumer-friendly and inclusive of the granular sensitivities of this ecosystem.
To hear your views on these issues, the Law and Technology Society is excited to invite your contributions to the Essay Writing Competition 2021, which we are organizing in collaboration with The Dialogue.
The Essay Writing Competition 2021 seeks to encourage the participants to engage in out-of-box thinking and to explore new issues related to Competition Law in the Digital Space. For this, the organizers cordially invite your entries on the following theme:
Revisiting traditional antitrust frameworks to cater to the evolving needs of digital markets
Under this some of the suggestive sub-themes that the students can explore includes:
- Evolving business models & their impact on competition in digital space;
- Revisiting conventional definitions for targeted policy-making;
- Assessing suitable merger regulations for digital markets;
- Role of competition regulators in the domain of data privacy;
- Significance of technical measures like interoperability in addressing anti-competitive effects.
Note: The sub-themes are only suggestive and the students are free to choose any other sub-theme that falls within the scope of the main theme.
Rules for the Competition
- Word Limit – 3000 to 5000 (excluding footnotes)
- Citation – Oscola 4th Edition
- Co-authorship Limit – Maximum of 2 authors
- The Last Date of Registration is 30th September 2021
- The Last Date of Submission is 15th October 2021
Students/research scholars enrolled in any UG/PG/Ph.D. course from any Indian university is eligible to participate in the competition.
Interested participants are required to click here to register. Detailed submission guidelines along with suggestive readings to help in writing the essays will be shared with the participants after a successful registration.
- Expert Comments: The winning entries will be selected and commented upon by the leading cognoscenti in the field of law and technology. This will include judges, eminent lawyers, public policy experts and academicians from all over the globe.
- Exciting Cash Prizes: The first, second and third entries will be awarded a cash prize of INR 25,000, 15,000 and 10,000 respectively.
- Certificate of Merit: Top ten essays will also be awarded a certificate of merit.
For any further information/clarification, please reach out to The Law and Technology Society at lawtech[at]nls.ac.in
Shubh Mittal (Convener): 8604133361
Shantanu Mishra (Joint-Convener): 9140452335
Registration Link is Here