The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences was established under the WBNUJS Act, 1999 (West Bengal Act IX of 1999) adopted by the West Bengal Legislature in July, 1999. The University was notified under Clause (f) of Section 2 of the UGC Act, 1956 in August 2004 and has been granted permanent affiliation by the Bar Council of India in July 2005.
Initially, classes, which started in 2000, were held at Aranya Bhavan, where the Environment Ministry of the Government of West Bengal is located, and the first batches of students started living in government flats. On 28 October 2002, the university’s present-day permanent campus was inaugurated by the then Chief Justice of India, B. N. Kirpal.
About the Job Opportunity
The University invites applications for the following Academic and Administration positions on a contractual basis for a maximum period of 5 years.
Number of Positions
- Assistant Professor (Law & Technology): 04 (Four)
- Research Fellow: 04 (Four)
- Adjunct Fellow: Open to all
- Guest Fellow: 02 for Law & Technology
Assistant Professor (Law & Technology)
- 2 posts for Unreserved
- Law & Computer Application
- Artificial Intelligence
- Health Technology
- 1 for OBC-B Category: Nanotechnology
- 1 for SC: Business Law/Corporate Law
LL.M with 55% marks or M.Sc Degree with 55% marks in Forensic Science or allied subjects
- Law & Technology: 2 Posts
- Forensic Science: 2 Posts
Please refer to the guidelines for Adjunct Fellow
- Substantive/ Procedural Law emerging law subjects
- Forensic/ Technology & Law related subjects
Masters’ Degree in Law 55% with minimum 03 yrs teaching experience OR M.Sc in Forensic Science or Allied Areas like Physics; Chemistry and Biological Sciences.
Law, Technology and Forensic Science related subjects
- Assistant Professor (Law & Technology): Rs. 1,31,400 per month
- Research Fellow: Rs. 31,000 + HRA
- Adjunct Fellow: Honorarium of Rs. 3,000 per lecture
- Guest Fellow: Rs. 35,000 per month (Consolidated)
How to Apply?
- Photocopies of the certificates, mark sheets, testimonials etc. should be attached with the application (self-attested) and the originals must be produced at the time of interview and at the time of joining if selected.
- Except where otherwise indicated applicants appearing for the interview shall do so at their own expense
- A separate application is required for each post.
- Special provisions in favour of SC/ST/OBCA/OBC B and PWD will apply as per West Bengal Govt norms
- DA, HRA and TA at Central Govt rates
- Persons in employment should route their application through the proper channel
- No TA/DA for attending the interview would be provided.
- Candidates if selected for appointment in the field of law, shall have to teach many subjects in the field of law as and when asked by the authority
- All addresses required in the application form should be written in block letters and should give full details including the pin code. Where possible, mention telephone numbers and area code
- The application form should be complete in all respects.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered and no correspondence entertained
- Application should be sent through the present employers, if employed. Although, applicants may send an advance copy, if they so desire, the Selection Committee will not consider it unless it is forwarded through the employer, or accompanied by a no objection certificate
- If the space against any item is inadequate, applicants are free to furnish the relevant particulars on separate sheets, indicating therein, and the item number to which the information relates
- Candidates applying for teaching posts are required to submit copies of Articles/Papers with relevant proof as the case may be.
- Pay Protection and Career Advancement Scheme under the UGC Regulation will not be applicable for the above positions
- Specialization will be based on Ph.D/Masters Degree/Research Publication curried out by the candidate featured img.png
Application Fee & Deadline
Application fee of Rs. 2000/- (Rs. 1500/- for SC/ST)
The application fee should be paid by way of online payment using PayUmoney gateway/by way of DD in favour of “WBNUJS” payable at Kolkata addressed to the Registrar, applications should be sent or may be submitted in person at The West Bengal National University Juridical Sciences, Dr Ambedkar Bhavan, 12 LB Block, Sector-III, Salt Lake, Kolkata 700106 latest by 5 PM on September 30, 2021.
A separate application is required for each post along with the prescribed application fee. The application fee is non-refundable. Reserved categories seat to be filled up from candidates who have obtained caste tribe/OBC etc, certificates from Government of West Bengal.
Click here for the official notifications.