Internship Opportunity for law students in IPR at the Indian Patent Office: Apply Now
The Indian Patent Office, also known as the Controller General of Patents, Designs, and Trade Marks, is an organisation within the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade that administers Indian patent, design, and trade mark law.
This internship programme intends to help achieve the following goals set forth in the National IPR Policy 2016:
Objective 1: IPR Understanding: Outreach and Promotion — Raise public awareness of the economic, social, and cultural benefits of intellectual property rights among all segments of society.
Objective 2: IPR Generation – To encourage the creation of IPRs.
Human Capital Development (Objective 7) – To improve and increase human resources, institutions, and capacities in IPRs for teaching, training, research, and skill development.
The Intern’s Responsibility
Interns will be given projects on current patent concerns and will be asked to write a research report at the conclusion of the internship.
The internship will last for the amount of time specified in the course programme.
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen who is studying or has finished post-graduate/doctoral studies in science, or graduation/post-graduation/doctoral studies in engineering or technology, or graduation/post-graduation/doctoral studies in law, from any university established under Indian law.
- Internship should be a prerequisite indicated in the course curriculum for individuals pursuing graduate, post-graduation, or doctorate study.
- Graduation, post-graduation, and PhD studies must all be completed at a government-approved institution. The internship application must be accompanied by a letter of recommendation from the Head of Institution.
- Applicants should send their CV and a cover letter to [email protected], along with a brief overview of the proposed topic of study during the internship.
- Internships will be filled through a selection process established by the CGPDTM office.
- Selected interns will be required to submit a certified copy of their diplomas. Interns are not to be treated as employees.
Internships are available at the IP Offices in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Chennai, as well as the RGNIIPM in Nagpur.