Internship Opportunity at ICC Institute of World Business Law, Paris [International Chamber of Commerce]: Apply by Aug 15
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) is the largest, most representative business organization in the world. It has over 45 million members in over 100 countries have interests spanning every sector of private enterprise.
The ICC Institute of World Business Law is a think-tank providing research, training and information to the legal profession concerned with the development of international business law. It is also membership-based group for whom various projects are developed.
About the Internship Opportunity
ICC (INternational Chamber of Commerce) is seeking to engage the services of a student intern (preferably with a background in Law) to contribute to all the activities of the department (Institute of World Business Law) for a period of 6 months.
Duration of Internship
6 months, starting from September 2021
Internship is full-time (however a few hours’ classes during the week are accepted). The average working week is 35 hours.
The working conditions will highly depend on the sanitary conditions, and part of the internship might take remotely.
Responsibilities of the Intern
Under the supervision of the Institute Director, the intern will have the opportunity to actively contribute to all the activities of the department in the following tasks:
- Help organize dispute resolution trainings, conferences, meeting (mostly virtual), in particular:
- Helping in the promotion
- Compiling background materials such as rules and reports for e-distribution during the events;
- Helping in the logistical preparation
- Monitoring the online registration system;
- coordinating the catering, room booking and other logistical aspects if in person
- Answer all registration related queries and troubleshoot registration related problems.
- Doing some legal research
- Doing some market research
- Assisting the Institute Director in the preparation of PowerPoint presentations
- Reviewing and updating mock cases
- Be part of the ICC YAF activities and helping in monitoring activities
- Compile and analyse statistics
- The candidate needs to still be registered as a student during the time of the internship. Recent graduates who are not anymore enrolled in an educational program are therefore not eligible for an internship at the ICC. He/she (if national from outside the European Union or Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Andorra, Monaco, or Switzerland) should get an appropriate visa from a French consulate.
Skills and Interests
- A student with interest in both dispute resolution and marketing/communications is preferred. A legal background is mostly recommended, notably in ADR issues. The intern will work in English and French and should ideally have oral and written skills in both languages.
- Strong attention to detail and a rigorous attitude to work is necessary.
- Strong knowledge of computer tools are mandatory such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams Meeting, Internet, Zoom and PDF; and knowledge of Live Event and registration platforms would be a plus.
Interns in Paris will receive an allowance. However, interns are required to handle and pay for their own travel and accommodation arrangements for the duration of their stay. Unfortunately, scholarship cannot be granted by the ICC.
How to Apply?
Applications should be addressed in English by email to Mrs. Claudia Pansa, HR Business Partner • Human Resources – HR Court at [email protected] by 15 August 2021.
This should include:
- a short CV (two pages maximum focusing on the experience relevant to the internship) and indicating clearly the status of current studies (with expected graduation date)
- a cover letter (no model provided), showing interest and motivation for this particular internship. Please, indicate clearly your availability.
If you don’t receive any failure message, it means that your message was successfully sent.
August 15, 2021