The Gujarat High Court is the High Court of the state of Gujarat. It was established on 1 May 1960 under the Bombay Re-organisation Act, 1960 after the state of Gujarat split from Bombay State. The seat of the court is Ahmedabad. The present strength of the Gujarat High court is 28 against sanctioned strength of 52.
About the Opportunity
High Court of Gujarat in Ahmedabad invites application for the job position of Legal Assistant.
- Degree in Law from any University in India or any Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission.
- Candidates studying in the Fifth Year of a Five Year Law Course, can also apply for the said Post, and their final selection would be subject to their passing of the Fifth Year examination of LL.B., prior to their Appointment.
- Basic Knowledge of Computer Application / Operation. Acquaintance of vernacular Language.
Duration of Engagement
For a period of 11 months, and the tenure may be extended upto a maximum period of 3 years, upon recommendation of the Hon’ble Judge concerned, subject to the approval of the Honourable the Chief Justice and such engagement shall in no case be extended beyond a period of 3 Years.
Age Limit: The applying candidate shall not be less than 18 years and not more than 35 years of age
Rs. 20,000/- per month
All Candidates shall be required to pay fees of ₨.500/- plus the usual Bank Charges via “Print Application / Pay Fee” Button through SBI e-Pay, provided on the webpage of HCOJAS Portal – https://hc-ojas.gujarat.gov.in.
How to Apply?
Candidates born between August 10th, 1986 and August 10th, 2003 shall be eligible to apply.
Before filling-up the ‘Online Application’, the candidate is advised to thoroughly read and understand the detailed
advertisement and the Instructions herein and should ensure that he/she fulfills all the eligibility criteria and other norms mentioned above and that the particulars filledin by him/her are true and correct in all respects.
The Candidate who has successfully submitted confirmed Online Application & paid the requisite Examination fees, shall only be eligible for appearing at the Written Test / Viva-voce Test, subject to their qualifying therefor.
Please Note: The online application shall open on July 26th, 2021 (12.00 Hrs) on the website. The link shall also be updated in this post. Keep checking the post for other details and the application link update.
- Starting date for submission of online application: July 26th, 2021 (12.00 Hrs)
- Closing date for submission of online application: August 10th, 2021 (23.59 Hrs.)
- Written Test [Objective Type: MCQs] [100 Marks]: Tentatively to be conducted on October 3rd, 2021
- Viva-voce Test [Oral Interview] [40 Marks]: Month of November-December 2021
Exam Centre: Gujarat