Uttaranchal University, located at Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India near Indian Military Academy, was established by an Act of the Uttarakhand Legislative Assembly. Established under Shri Shushila Devi education foundation act of a State University and UGC act 12(B) with affiliation to AICTE.
Law College Dehradun has contributed to legal education in all aspects of the country since its inception in 2002 and was inaugurated by his Excellency Shri Surjeet Singh Barnala, the then governor of Uttarakhand.
Youth Parliament Society of Law College Dehradun Faculty of Uttaranchal University presents the National event for the Youth of the Nation, organised in collaboration with the UN Information Centre for India and Bhutan.
About the MUN
LCDMUN 4.0 which is being organised in collaboration with the UN Information Centre for India and Bhutan” on April 23-24, 2022 provides a platform to put forward opinions on matters of National and International relevance.
Model United Nations and Youth Parliament help improve speaking skills, critical thinking, diplomacy and knowledge regarding various ongoing issues to arrive to a conclusion and also broadened perspective on global issues. It also establishes itself as an opportunity to improve interaction with several people having varied ambitions which helps in understanding other views on the matters.
This year in LCD MUN, there are five committees:
United Nations Security Council
AGENDA: Rethinking the role-playing by UNSC in efficaciously addressing precipitating global crisis in the face of Afghanistan and Ukrainian cul de sac.
United Nations General Assembly
AGENDA: Decoding the Pegasus disruption in the state of art cyber warfare arsenal: A global technological affront.
All India Political Party Meet
AGENDA: Deliberation on Genocides and their effect on the citizens of the nation vis-à-vis the Need for Rehabilitation Policy for Kashmiri Pandits.
Legislative Assembly of Uttarakhand
AGENDA: Preserving the spirit of Uttrakhandiyat: The emergent need of Bhoo Kanoon in the teeth of Population displacement.
International Press/Indian Press
Media houses at the International level cover events across the world and generate awareness among the masses regarding the same. Media Houses at the National level cover events around the nation and create awareness among the citizens regarding the same.
All the students who are pursuing undergraduate and post-graduate degrees from bonafide colleges and universities shall be qualified to participate in LCDMUN 2022
Law College Dehradun, Uttaranchal University, Premnagar Arcadia Grant, Dehradun, Uttarakhand
To register for the event, click on the link given at the end of this post.
All the participants are required to fill out the registration form.
Last date to fill up the Registration Form is April 22, 2022.
- For Uttaranchal University students: ₹1,000
- For non-Uttaranchal University students: ₹1,200
The fee includes the following:
- Pen, Folder, Notepad, ID Card, Chit pad, Placard, and Water Bottle
- Includes cash prizes and mementos on winning
- 2 lunches and two high tea
- Entry to committee sessions.
- Valuable discussions, social gatherings and opportunity to experience an engaging and insightful event.
- Certificates of Participation/Merit.
- The Certificates provided to the Participants will be signed by the Officials of UN Information Centre for India and Bhutan.
- Portfolios of all the committees will be allotted on the basis of first come first serve. Exceptions will be entertained.
How to Pay for LCDMUN?
Merchant Name: Uttaranchal University, Dehradun
Vpa: [email protected]
For payment through any BHIM UPI APP, refer to the brochure.
- Best Delegate (Per Committee): Rs. 7,000
- High Commendation (Per Committee): Rs. 4,500
- Special Mention (Per Committee): Rs. 3,000
- Rising UU MUNner (Per Committee): Rs. 2000
- Best IP Reporter: Rs. 2,500 Photographer: Rs. 2,500
- Best Delegation: Rs. 5,000
- The Winners will be provided with the Prize money, Trophy, and a Certificate of Appreciation.
- All the participants will be awarded a Certificate of Participation.
April 22, 2022
For any queries, write to [email protected]
- Saakshi Suneja (Secretary-General): + 91 9084427841
- Niharika Jha (Deputy Secretary General): +91 7004038633
- Ritim Mangla (Director General): +91 8368433256
- Aarushi Singh (USG Delegate Affairs): + 91 7394869122