The ICFAI University, Dehradun was established under the provision of the ICFAI University Act, 2003, (Act No.16 of 2003), enacted by the state of Uttarakhand, India. The University is recognized by the University Grants Commission under Sec 2(f) of UGC Act 1956. The University is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities, London & Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi. Since its inception, the University has maintained the standard and decorum in the educational environment. Its main objective is to create & disseminate knowledge and impart skills in core areas through innovative, educational programs, research, and development, thereby developing a new cadre of professionals with a high degree of competence and a deep sense of ethics and commitment. The University is Global in outlook and cosmopolitan in character. The University focuses on four vital disciplines law, management, engineering, and education. The programs are structured in such a way so as to impart the students with quality education and comprehensive research. The ICFAI University secured 44th rank in the World Universities with Real Impact (WURI) Rankings, 2020 released by United National Institute for Training and Research. ICFAI University is also E-Lead Certified for Online Teaching.
ABOUT ICFAI LAW SCHOOL
ICFAI Law School, a constituent of the ICFAI University, Dehradun is established with the objective of developing a new generation of legal professionals through comprehensive as well as the contemporary body of knowledge integrating law with Management/ Humanities to provide students with analytical, world-class, innovative and socially relevant, career-oriented, quality legal education through inclusive technology-aided pedagogies and research, in order to produce a vibrant community of legal professionals. The ICFAI Law School, Dehradun is the 6th Ranking Law School of Super Excellence in India and 1st Ranking Law School in Uttarakhand according to CSR GHRDC Law School Rankings 2020. It also secured 26th rank among top Law Universities/ Institutions in India including NLUs in MDRA Rankings 2020 conducted by India Today.
ABOUT CENTRE FOR ENVIRONMENTAL LAW, POLICY, EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT (CELPED)
The Centre was established in September 2020 with the motto to focus on research and policy advocacy in the field of environmental law, with Prof. (Dr.) Yugal Kishore as Director, in accordance with the rules and regulations of The ICFAI University, Dehradun. The essential objective of the Centre is to encourage enviro-legal education and research-oriented study in the field of environmental law & justice. The Centre shall be venturing into new projects which will announce the convergence of academia and expert insights on various environmental matters in relation to the future. The Centre aims at supporting advocacy, research and policy-oriented discussions in the areas of environmental education and development. The Centre will be utilizing the power of law to protect the environment, promote human rights and ensure a just and sustainable society. CELPED is committed to fostering an evidence-based conversation about how to ensure a clean and sustainable environment for a growing India. It is an initiative for the propagation and advancement of legal education and research in the field of Environmental Law.
RULES FOR 1st N J YASASWY VIRTUAL NATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL LAW MOOT COURT COMPETITION
The 1st N J YASASWY VIRTUAL NATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL LAW MOOT COURT COMPETITION (hereinafter referred to as the ‘Competition’) is the flagship event of ICFAI Law School, The ICFAI University, Dehradun, and is scheduled to be held from 23rd – 25th April 2021.
The competition will be conducted virtually by the CENTRE FOR ENVIRONMENTAL LAW, POLICY, EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT.
All law colleges/ institutions/ universities across the country recognized by the Bar Council of India are eligible to take part in the Competition. All participants must be currently pursuing their Bachelor’s degree in Law, i.e., either 3 year or 5-year courses.
• Each Team must register by filling up the registration form through the link by Clicking Here along with the registration form attached with the brochure.
• Each team shall complete such registration on or before 10th April 2021 (11:59 P.M. IST).
• The number of participating teams shall be limited to 32.
• The preference to teams shall be given on first cum first serve basis.
• The organizing committee will have the sole and absolute discretion to shortlist the participants.
4.1 Team Composition
Each participating team can comprise either two (2) or three (3) members. In the case of two (2) members, both the members shall be designated as speakers. In case of three (3) members, two (2) members shall be designated as speakers, and one (1) member shall be designated as the researcher.
• A recognized College/Institution/University shall be entitled to send only one team to the competition.
• Each team will have an assigned Team Code (designated during Draw of Lots). Each Team shall use their Team Code for identification purposes. Name of participants shall not appear on or within the Written Submissions. Signature on the pages are prohibited.
• Teams shall not disclose their identity during the oral arguments. However, the speaker can disclose their name only to the bench during the oral argument (if asked so by the bench).
4.3 Official Language
The official language of the competition shall be English. All competition rounds, memorials and compendiums must be in English.
4.4 Registration Fees
No Registration Fees shall be charged from the participants as the Competition is being conducted under the UNIVERSITY SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY.
• Each Team is required to prepare Written Submissions for both sides, i.e., the Petitioner and the Respondent of the case.
• A Written Submission shall be identified solely by the Team Code assigned to the Team.
• One soft copy (only in MS Word .doc/.docx format) must be emailed to email@example.com latest by 16th April, 2021(23:59 Hours IST) with the subject “Memorials for Environmental Law Moot Court”. The file names of the electronic copies of the Memorials must contain only the team code and the side being represented in the following format: e.g. (for Team Code 13) 13P or 13R or 13C, ‘P’ being for ‘Petitioner’ Memorial and ‘R’ for ‘Respondent’ Memorial and ‘C’ for ‘Compendium (in case Compendium is prepared).
• Team shall cite authorities in the Memorial using footnotes following the Harvard Blue book 19th Edition. Explanatory or illustrative footnotes are not allowed.
• Colour of the cover page must be: Blue in case of Petitioner/Applicant & Red in case of Respondent/ Defendant.
• The colour of the cover page shall compulsorily be Red and Blue (as the case may be) and no other variant of the colour shall be used.