Advertisement Reference No: GNLU/AC/ FP- 010/2021
Research Assistant – Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) IPR Chair
04th December 2021
₹ 40,000 – 50,000/- per month (Fixed)
Last date for submitting an application:
11th December 2021
Research and Publication
Role and Responsibilities: Under the guidance of IPR Chair Professor, DPIIT and Dean Research, GNLU the incumbent shall perform the following roles and responsibilities;
(i) Conduct Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) research in relevant areas of law under the guidance of IPR Chair Professor – DPIIT;
(ii) Provide research assistance to Chair Professor – DPIIT whenever required;
(iii) Develop, plan, execute, monitor, and report Intellectual Property Rights research in collaboration with external Universities, Institutions, Government departments, Industrial and Economic agencies, Judiciary within India and abroad;
(iv) Provide Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) research counseling and scholastic assistance to IPR Chair Professor – DPIIT;
(v) Participate in overall planning and development of research, training, and extension programs of DPIIT IPR Chair activities in the University;
(vi) Perform any other duties including administrative, coordination, etc. as required to achieve the aims and objectives of the DPIIT – IPR Chair under the guidance of Chair Professor;
(vii) Engage in diverse research activities including fieldwork, data collection, data analysis, report drafting, etc.
(i) LL.M. in IPR Specialization with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or Ph. D in Law preferably in IPR Specialization from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited Foreign University.
(ii) Good knowledge of the latest national and international research trends and developments in IPR;
(iii) Ability to conceptualize and organize international training workshops and brainstorming online/ on-site discussions apart from teaching/ Research;
(iv) Fluency in the English language.
(i) Experience in teaching/ research in premier Law Universities/ Colleges in relevant areas;
(ii) Excellent inter-personal and team-building skills;
(iii) Ability to innovate and to improve research, training, and extension activities or services and to pursue interesting new ideas and new methods;
(iv) National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR, or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/ SET;
· The initial appointment is for a period of 364 days, out of which the first three months are to be considered as probation. Further, upon satisfactory performance, the tenure may be extended for an additional period of one year up to a maximum of three years depending upon the needs and interest determined by the IPR Chair Professor, DPIIT, and GNLU.
· Selected Candidates with having Ph.D Degree will be paid a remuneration of ₹ 50,000/- per month and LL.M Degree in IPR will be paid a remuneration of ₹ 40,000/- per month.
· The position shall be considered a non-regular employee of the GNLU or the DPIIT for all legal and practical purposes.
· Mode of interview: The mode of the interview will be online through Cisco Webex Meetings.
· The applicants are required to fill up the prescribed application form available on the Website and send it to email@example.com on or before 11th December 2021 mentioning the subject line as “Application for the Post of Research Assistant – DPIIT – IPR Chair”. Upon receipt of the email, detailed information related to the online interview will be provided to the shortlisted candidates. Application other than the prescribed format will not be entertained/considered.
· The application duly signed along with self-attested documents (i.e. Educational Certificates, Experience Certificates, etc.) should be forwarded to the University in PDF format by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 11th December 2021.
· Application received after the last date of submission will not be considered for the interview under any circumstances.
· In case of any further clarification required, kindly contact Mr. Rahul Pandya on mobile number 8511188720.
The Registrar (I/c), Gujarat National Law University, Attalika Avenue, Knowledge Corridor, Koba, Gandhinagar 382426, Gujarat (INDIA); Email: email@example.com Tel: +91 (79) 2327 6611 / 12