Job Opportunity: Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant at Delhi State Legal Services-Authority (DSLSA)
The Delhi State Legal Services Authority (DSLSA) provides free and competent legal advice and services by categorising lawyers and allocating them to specific categories. It also provides helpline services to ensure that legal advice and services are available quickly and easily.
The DSLSA also offers Legal Service Clinics, Lok Adalats, Special Lok Adalats, and Permanent Lok Adalats, Legal Awareness Programs for the General Public, Pre-Institution Mediation in Commercial Matters, and Compensation to Victims under the Delhi Victims Compensation Scheme 2018.
Concerning the Opportunity
Law Graduates (who graduated after March 2018) who meet the following essential academic qualifications and other eligibility conditions, as of September 30, 2021, are invited to apply online for employment as a Law Clerk-cum Research Assistant in the Delhi State Legal Services Authority on a purely contractual basis, initially for a period of three months, on a fixed consolidated stipend of Rs. 35,000/- per month.
Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant shall initially be employed for a period of three months, likely to be continued thereafter on the basis of work assessment by this Authority. He/she will be permitted a total number of twelve days paid leave in a year, subject to a maximum of three days leave in a month. Candidates should bear in mind while applying for Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant that he/she/ may be required to work even beyond the Office hours for which no overtime shall be payable and No TA/DA shall be paid to the candidates called for interview.
Roles to cater
- To conduct an analytical analysis and research in order to better plan future implementation of the various NALSA and DSLSA programmes.
- District Legal Services Authorities provide support and assistance to victims in situations relating to the Delhi Victim Compensation Scheme.
- With the collaboration of several NGOs working in the field, legal assistance is provided to victims of human trafficking, as well as care for their welfare and rehabilitation.
- Preparation of Power Point Presentations, brochures, pamphlets, news letters, and other informational materials for use in legal literacy and awareness programmes.
Requisite Qualifications to possess
- Law graduate with at least 60% marks who graduated after March 2018 from any institution recognised by the Bar Council of India for enrolment as an Advocate.
- As of the last day for acceptance of applications, the candidate must not be older than 27 years old.
- Final year students are also able to apply, but must provide documentation of obtaining a law degree at the time of the interview/before beginning the assignment as a Law Clerk/Research Assistant.
- The candidate must be proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- A PowerPoint presentation on “Victim Compensation” with at least 15 slides is required of the candidate. Along with the application form, a presentation must be attached.
Stipend of Rs. 35,000/- per month for the first three months of employment.
To apply online, go to the link at the bottom of this page.
Any other means of application, such as a hard copy, via e-mail, or otherwise, will be instantly denied.
The interview will be used to make the final decision.
The deadline for applications is November 8, 2021.
Location – Delhi