Kanooniyat is a legal website providing daily legal updates to its user base comprising law students, law aspirants, lawyers and legal professionals, in the form of articles, opportunities and legal news.
About Kanooniyat Article Writing Competition:
This article writing competition aims to foster debate and discussion on contemporary socio legal topics. For the evaluation of entries, due emphasis will be laid on a candidate’s understanding of an issue, analysis and research on the topic, formatting and language, and the quality of suggestions and recommendations.
We welcome articles from eligible students related to the following themes: (Kindly note that these themes are indicative in nature; participants can choose to modify these themes or write on any other relevant socio-legal issue.)
- Cryptocurrency: How Far Should Regulation Go?
- Lok Adalats: How Successful are They?
- Vaccination: Should it be Made Mandatory?
- Laws: Should all Laws be Gender Neutral?
- Corporate Social Responsibility: Should it be Replaced by Higher Taxes?
- Gig Workers: Employees or Independent Contractors?
- Cyber Crime: How to Deal with it?
- Media: Regulate it or Allow it to Self-Censor?
Eligibility for Kanooniyat Article Writing Competition:
- We look forward to participation from students (Certifications/ Diploma/ UG/ PG) from any stream from any University/ College/ Institute in India.
- Multiple entries from one participant are not permitted.
- Co-authorship is not permitted.
Awards and Prizes:
- Winner: Cash prize of Rs. 1200 to the winner + Certificate of Merit + Discount coupon of Rs. 500 on Memo Pundits’ Online course on Citation Methods
- 1st runner up: Cash prize of Rs. 1000 + Certificate of Merit
- Top 5 articles: Certificate of Appreciation+ 50% off on publishing fees in theInternational Journal of Advanced Legal Research
- Top 10 articles: Discount of Rs. 100 on Memo Pundits’ Online course on Citation Methods
- Free internships with Law Internships under their Summer Online Internship Program to the winner and runner up.
- NOTE: Participation Certificates to all the participants.
- The article must be written solely by the candidate (co-authorship is not allowed), in English, and should not have been submitted for publication elsewhere.
- The article shall not exceed 2000 words (excluding footnotes). The minimum word limit is 1200 words.
- All submissions have to be made in MS Word format and should be typed in Times New Roman, font size 12 and 1.5 line spacing.
- Footnotes should follow the Bluebook 20th Edition and shall be typed in Times New Roman, font size 10, and 1 line spacing.
- The page margins should be 1” or 2.54 cm on all sides.
- All text should be aligned as justified.
- All claims of the author, in the body of the manuscript, are expected to be backed by reasons along with proper citations and shall not be merely assertions.
- Submission should include author’s view on the chosen topic and should not be mere assertion of facts.
- Any violation of rules shall result in direct disqualification.
- The articles will be scrutinized through plagiarism software. Permissible limit of plagiarism is 20%. Only original articles will be considered for the competition. No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication in a contest elsewhere.
- No article will be entertained if received after the deadline.
Evaluation Criteria and Weightage:
- Understanding of Issues (20 Marks)
- Quality of Analysis (20 Marks)
- Quality of Research (20 Marks)
- Formatting & Language (20 Marks)
- Suggestions & Recommendations (20 Marks)
Copyright of the Submissions:
- All the articles submitted shall be the exclusive property of the organizers.
- The organizers shall be free to use the information/ views therein in any manner they require and deem fit.
- The decision of organizers in deciding the winner(s) shall be final and binding and no query, correspondence, etc. in this regard shall be entertained by the organizers.
- Articles incompatible with the above rules and submission guidelines will not be considered for evaluation.
- The submission of entries to the competition implies acceptance of the above terms and conditions by the participant(s).
- Kanooniyat reserves the right to cancel the event at any point before the conduct of the event. In such a case, any fee paid as registration fee shall be refunded in full to the registered participants.
Registration and Submission Procedure:
- Participants are required to register for theArticle Writing Competition by paying the registration fee. (Link Mentioned Below)
- Once the registration fee is paid, participants have to take a screenshot of the same and fill the registration form.
- After they fill the registration form, participants will receive an email acknowledging the same from our end. The registration shall be complete after this step. The participant will now be required to submit their article before the deadline.
- Participants will have to submit their article using the submission form. (Link Mentioned Below)
- The participants are required to submit their article by 11:59 PM, April 16th, after which the submission form will not accept entries.
The participants are required to register for the article writing competition by paying the registration fee of Rs. 150, through the payment link provided, before the registration deadline, i.e., 11th April, 2021.
- Payment Link: https://pages.razorpay.com/kanooniyatarticlewriting
- Registration Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdUV_-GQRbuUOraVT05brwq24iCm9aJCxQuk_-Q9AUY93uuiw/viewform
- Article Submission Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf4zEkiz0DofJ-JaADW3XSbTe88MMEH9OHQZFxfs-8A3y1GBg/viewform
|Last date to register||11th April 2021|
|Last date to submit||16th April 2021|
|Declaration of Results||20th April 2021|
|Distribution of Awards and Certificates||22nd April 2021|
In case of any queries, feel free to contact us at:
Phone no.: 7007873010, 8209992708