PhonePe is one of India’s leading digital payments platform with over 280 million registered users. Using PhonePe, users can send and receive money, recharge mobile, DTH, data cards, pay at stores, make utility payments, buy gold, and make investments.
PhonePe was the first non-banking UPI app and offered money transfer to individuals and merchants, recharges and bill payments to begin with. PhonePe is accepted at over 18 million merchant outlets across 500 cities nationally.
About the Legal Internship Opportunity
PhonePe is inviting applications from law students for a legal internship opportunity, at their office in Mumbai.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Part of BFSI Regulatory team at Mumbai. The role may involve research work on regulations related to financial services including insurance, AMC/mutual fund and other financial services.
- Maintenance of records
- Assist in preparing and filing the new or renewal license applications. Collation of documents and information from various stakeholders. Research for regulations and circulars related to such licenses
- Maintenance of database for license applications and regulatory correspondence.
- Student of 1st/2nd year LL.B
- Have strong communication skills
- Good legal knowledge (Contract Act, Tort Law)
- Committed and ready to work under pressure and ever-evolving possibilities
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity, good analytical skills, and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn, improve and challenge the status quo for the better