MTDC or Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation is inviting applications for its internship opportunity for its 2nd batch.
Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation commonly abbreviated as MTDC is a body of the Government of Maharashtra responsible for the development of tourism in the Indian state of Maharashtra.
About the Internship
MTDC (Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation) offers an internship opportunity to young, dynamic graduates to work in the Tourism Sector in various capacities, such as Social Media, Business Development, Human Resources, IT, Law, and Aquatic Sports.
It has been involved in the development, maintenance, and operation of some of the most scenic resorts, adventure parks, diving institutes, etc. in Maharashtra since its inception. With the lockdown lifted, MTDC aims to revive the tourism industry, and all selected candidates will be able to contribute to it.
Interviews and the selection process will be completed by July end, and the selected interns will be starting on 1st October 2021.
- Gain experience in large-scale projects by participating in high-stakes projects
- Stipend to cover your travel expenses and snacks
- A certificate issued by the Managing Director of MTDC
- An opportunity to interact with ministry officials, industry professionals, etc.
Duration of Internship
- 6-month long internship; the best performing interns may get a 5 month extension
- Holidays will as per government regulations
- Each intern is entitled to 6 paid leaves
- You must be under 25 years old (as of 30th September 2021) to apply
- Candidate with a “let’s do it” mindset who is output-oriented and capable of working independently
- Candidates who can work professionally within a timeframe
- Candidates for the social media internship should be fluent in English and Marathi
- Candidates for aquatic sports should be open to travel to different parts of Maharashtra for extended periods of time, as required
The stipend is Rs. 15,000 per month to cover your travel expenses and snacks
How to Apply?
Candidates have to submit their CV and Statement of Purpose (SOP) along with relevant work samples in response to the question “What makes you a good fit for the position you are applying to?”
Applications are due by Friday, 23rd July 2021, at 5pm
Stage 1: Application
Statement of Purpose In your personal statement please describe in your own words; your motivation for this role, what your USP is and what you plan to do in the future.
Word limit: 400 words – only PDF files are accepted
Your response to the question “What makes you a good fit for the position you are applying for?”
Word limit: 200 words – only PDF files are accepted
After candidates fill out the Google form and submit all the necessary documents, a committee will review the applications. Selected candidates will be contacted for Stage 2 of the selection process.
Interview of candidates by a committee, and final selection based on the results.
MTDC’s head office, Churchgate.
Applicants must travel to the office in accordance with the guidelines established by the government. MTDC will not pay for any travel expenses.
For complete information about the internship program by MTDC, click here.
Click here to apply for the internship.