The National Human Rights Commission of India is a Statutory public body constituted on 12 October 1993 under the Protection of Human Rights Ordinance of 28 September 1993. It was given a statutory basis by the Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993.
The National Human Rights Commission has expressly been mandated to promote Human Rights literacy and awareness vide Section 12 (h) of the Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993.
NHRC Winter Internship Programme 2022
With a view to spreading awareness among University students about the need for protection and promotion of Human Rights, the Commission has been regularly conducting ‘Summer and Winter Internship Programmes’ since 1998 and 2000 respectively.
This year the “Winter Internship Programme (WIP) 2022” will commence from 16th December 2022 (Fridday) to 5th January 2023 (Thursday) (21 days). Applications are invited from eligible students of the entire country.
Structure of the Winter Internship Programme (WIP)
About 65 sessions on various human rights issues are proposed to be covered to sensitize the interns. The WIP 2022 will include the following inputs:
- Classroom sessions.
- Interaction with Hon’ble Chairperson and Members of NHRC.
- Project work on Human Rights issues.
- State Presentation on human rights scenario of the State to which interns belong to.
- Book Review from NHRC Library.
- Films on Human Rights & Discussion – Child Labour issues, Anti Trafficking, Health and Education issues and discussions.
- Field Visits
- Visit to Police Stations & Jail – The Interns would basically observe and interact with Police officers / Jail Authorities and the inmates and appreciate the Jail and Correctional Administration.
- NGO’s- The interns would visit NGOs where they can interact with Children and appreciate the problems.
- Juvenile Home – The interns would visit to observe the children and their living conditions and the Juvenile Justice System in practice.
- Old Age Home – The interns would be exposed to the basic human rights problem of the elderly people and get sensitized.
- Aaganbadi Centre – The interns would be exposed to the basic human rights problem of Children and get sensitized about Child Development Service Programme.
- Cultural programme would be organized by interns on the eve of Valediction Day of the WIP 2022.
- Students who have completed 3 years OR VI Semester 5 years Course of BA/BBA.LLB., etc. and pursuing in 4th & 5th years are eligible to apply.
- Students pursuing LL.M. Course,
- Students must have attained a minimum of 60% marks in Class XII.
Travel Allowance and Stipend
All selected interns will be paid an amount of Rs. 12,000/- (Rupees Twelve Thousand only) as a stipend.
The selected interns from outside Delhi will be allowed ordinary second-class train fare to New Delhi and back to their place of study through the shortest route.
- Certificate of participation will be awarded to the candidates on the basis of following parameters:
- Attendance, Punctuality, Discipline, Participation in sessions is mandatory; Project Presentation & Proiect Reports and BookReview have to be submitted timely.
- An amount of Rs.15,000/-, Rs. 10,000/-, and Rs.5,000/- will be given as prize money for interns who are placed Ist, IInd , and Illrd respectively for the Group Research Project.
- The five interns with the highest marks for the Book Review will be rewarded in the form of books. They would be allowed to choose a book of their choice priced no higher than Rs.1,000/- each. If the price of the book exceeds the stipulated amount (Rs.1,000/-), the intern would be expected to bear the additional cost himself/herself.
- The top three interns from the Declamation contest will be rewarded in the form of books. They would be allowed to choose a book of their choice priced no higher than Rs.1,000/- each. If the price of the book exceeds the stipulated amount (Rs.1,000/-), the intern would be expected to bear the additional cost himself/herself.
Last Date to apply
The last date for the submission of the application is 27th November 2022 (06:00 PM).
The Final List of Selected Interns will be displayed on the NHRC website.
How to Apply?
Enclose attested scanned copies of mark-sheet from 10th Standard onwards and mark-sheet of each year/semester of presently pursuing course(and recommendation by concerned HOD/Dean/Principal which should be of a date subsequent to the date of uploading of this advertisement and for thepresently pursued course).
In absence of following, the applications are liable to be rejected.
- Scanned attested mark-sheets of 10th and 12th Standard, All Semesters of Graduation Course & marks sheets of all semesters of Pursuing Course.
- Statement ofPurposes (SOPs) and
- Scanned Recommendation letter/email by HOD/Dean/Principal concerned in the annexed Proforma (Annexure I).
Kindly note – Incomplete applications / applications without attested copies of mark-sheets (10th Class, 12th Class, All semesters of Graduation Course & pursuing Course), Letter ofrecommendation &SOPs etc. will be rejected and Applications sent through e-mails/posts will notb eentertained. Noapplication will be accepted aftert hedeadline i.e. 27th November, 2022 (11:59pm).
The Application will be submitted only through the online form available on the NHRC website.
The Application Form for Winter Internship Programme, 2022 is available at link ‘Winter Internship 2022’. Application to be submitted Online using link – Winter Internship 2022 available at NHRC’s website https://nhrc.nic.in
For any details, you may please contact at Ph: 011-24663283, 24663371 (between 10.00 am to 6.00 pm on working days, i.e. Monday to Friday).