National Conference on Independence of Judiciary & the Rule of Law by AGISS Research Institute & Independent Thought
One of the Most Fundamental aspect of a Democratic Country is the Rule of Law as one of the most important Principle being enunciated under Constitution. To trace the development over a period of years is to survey the legacy of those principles at regular intervals and the best way to do that is by discussion, emulating good examples, and implementing the best principles so devised across the world.
Independence of the Judiciary is a fundamental aspect underlying the Rule of Law and in recent times, there has been a rise in trends to criticize the Judiciary & the Judges. To uphold the Rule of Law in a free society, in the contemporary world, has never been more imminent than at the present times where Constitutional Rights have to be protected and only when an Independent Judiciary is protected, it can be presumed that Rule of Law shall prevail in a Nation.
Upholding Constitutional Principles is possible and dependent on the guarantee that Judges have to be free to make impartial decisions based on the facts and the law in each case, without fear of criticism or pressure, or interference from anyone. The very basis of the Rule of Law is dependent on the Independence of Judiciary which if becomes subservient to other Organs of a State, shall result at the end of Rule of law.
Rule of Law is a key to developing a nation, investment flows in countries with settled legal principles. Constitutional principles & Rule of law shows the difference when we compare South Korea and North Korea. During the Covid Pandemic, Access to Justice has been hindered and the same has been addressed by the Judiciary in its way and have tried to deliver Justice even faced with all the impediments.
The Present Conference on “Independence of Judiciary & the Rule of Law” is being organized to hear some of the most important Functionaries from various branches of the State, may it be Legislative, Executive or Judiciary. This has to be an ongoing discussion initiating from this conference exploring various aspects of Constitutional Law.
Independence of Judiciary & the Rule of Law
- Role of Judges in Good Governance
- Role of Social Media and the Judiciary
- Infrastructure of Courts and use of Artificial intelligence in Judiciary
- Judicial Independence & Doctrine of Separation of Powers
- Violation of the Doctrine of Separation of powers and Accountability of the Judiciary
- Judicial Independence in America and India
- Role of Public opinion in judicial Independence
- Post retirement appointment of judges and judicial independence
- Constraints of Collegium System
- Appointment of Judges in India
- National Judicial Appointment Commission
- Role of government in appointment of judges
- Working together for upholding the Rule of Law
- Access to Justice and Responsibility of three pillars of governance
- Judicial Review and role of the government
- Abstract should not be more than 200 words.
- Abstract should contain Title, Name of the Author(s) & Keywords
- Font: Times New Roman, Size: 12 pt. & Line Space: 1.5
- Paper should be of 3000- 8000 words.
- Manuscript should contain Title, Name, Designation of the Author(s).
- For Footnotes, Font: Times New Roman, Size: 10 pt. & Line Space: 1
- Best Presentation Award + 50000/- worth of books with extra 10% discount from Lawpustak.in
- Best Paper Award + For Best Paper, 30000/- worth of books with 10% discount Lawpustak.in
- E- Certificate of Presentation to all.
- Selected papers will get published in a book bearing ISBN.
- Pay the registration fees.
- Take the screenshot of the Payment made.
- Fill the G Form
- Upload the abstract with the G Form only.
To Register, Click Here (https://forms.gle/MqUFDL7JWLEieKpy5 )
- Single Author: Rs. 350 INR
- Co Author: Rs. 500 INR
- Account No.: 3969000100146698
- IFSC Code: PUNB0396900
- Account Holder Name: Lokendra Kumar
- UPI Number: 7983171016
Our Chief Guest
Hon’ble Mr. Justice K. G. Balakrishnan, Former Chief Justice of India, Supreme Court of India
- Submission of Abstract: Nov 25, 2021
- Submission of Full Paper: Dec 20, 2021
- Intimation of Selection of Paper for Publication: Jan 20, 2022
- Date of Conference: Nov 28, 2021 (Sunday)
Haryana Bhawan, Copernicus Marg, Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phule Marg Area, New Delhi -110001
For More Details, Contact
- Mr. Suvesh Kumar: +91- 8587012770
- Mr. Jagdish Khobragade: +91- 9669980282
- Dr. Annu Bahl Mehra: +91- 9210303690
- E- Mail: [email protected]
- To Register, Click Here (https://forms.gle/MqUFDL7JWLEieKpy5 )
For Official Brochure, Click Here (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rvH7IkI9j3mdg_ih9Gl-aUdVt9T0ubHp/view?usp=sharing )